Friday, January 2, 2015

Art by MiRan Facebook Challenge #1 for January - Anything Goes

Hello everyone!  I hope the New Year has started off beautifully for you all! I am SUPER excited to share with you my FIRST EVER project for the Art by Miran Facebook Challenge.  The theme for this one is Anything Goes.  You can use any Art by Miran image, including rubber ones from Treasured Times and Whimsy, or her digital ones on her Art by Miran etsy store.

For my card, I used Pop Star Suzy, and I had so much fun with it!  I chose to go with bright colors, and used paper and embellishments to compliment this beautiful singer!



The Copics I used to color her are: skin - E000, E00, E04, E11 and R20; hair - E08, E18, YR14 and YR18; eyes - G000, G02, G09 and Atyou Spica 13; boots - W5, W7 and W9; dress - BG000, B29, FB2, and FBG2; hat - BG000, B29, FB2, FBG2, E40, E71, E77 and Atyou Spica 16; belt - E31, E35 and Atyou Spica 19; trim on dress/bow - R11, R17 and R32; earrings - Atyou Spica 16; microphone - Atyou Spica 10, C5 and Copic multiliner .5.

To create the card I used the following: My Mind's Eye 'Tickled Pink Cheerful' paper. Bo Bunny 'Orange Citrus Dot' paper, Fancy Pants 'Love Dots' paper, and Echo Park 'Note to Self - Borders' paper.  I also used also used Anna Griffin 'Silver Corrugated' paper behind the music paper to add extra dimension to the card. I usually pick a few papers from one line, so using several papers, all from different lines and companies was new for me. It was a lot of fun too!  I also used solid cardstock.  Die cuts I used are Flag Banner Die and Heart Treble Clef by La-La Land Crafts, and Joy! Crafts Oval.  To make the doily pink, I simply misted it with Sugar Plumb mist by American Ctafrs. A few flowers from my stash completed the card.

I am really pleased with how she came out!  I'm thinking I may send this to my 7 year old niece who just LOVES to sing, especially with her Grandpa who has his own band.  Thank you for looking, and be sure to check out the Art by Miran Facebook Group to check out the projects by all of the DT members, as well as to enter yours!  There will be a special surprise for all who enter.  You won't want to miss out:)

- Bonnie

No comments: